Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Is it already that time.........??



This is how parents feel:
(Photo Credit: http://bit.ly/1rIjdob)

 
 (Photo Credit: http://some.ly/1rmgNcC)

This is how teachers feel:
(Photo Credit: http://bit.ly/UALtvR)


 I hope I am not the only one who feels this way, but I can't believe August is rapidly approaching. Every time I walk into Walmart or any store for that matter, all I see is back to school stuff. I turn on the computer and all I see are back to school ads. 

I love planning my room, and getting new students that are so excited to be there, but why does summer have to end so quickly? This is my very first full summer off from working. For the past three years I taught summer school for the majority of the summer. However, this summer I didn't work and it was amazing! I was able to get so much done, when I wasn't doing homework for three classes. I was able to take my daughter and do so many fun activities that we rarely get to do during the school year. It was fantastic, but now I am having the end of the summer blues. This summer went by more quickly than the summers have in the past. 

Does anyone else have this same feeling? Or are you itching to get back in the classroom already?

12 comments:

  1. I love, love, love these! It made me laugh but really summarized how I feel. As a parent of a 13 year old, school cannot start soon enough. As a teacher, summer cannot last long enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure I will feel that way when I have a 13 year old too!

      Delete
  2. I feel like there is still a lot more that I want to work on before school starts! But ready or not, its coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My to-do list is still a mile long as well! Maybe we will be able to get it all done before school starts.

      Delete
  3. This is the first summer I've had off in 15 years, and I really don't know what to do with myself! I'm certainly taking care of a lot of the little things around the house that needed to be done, and I've done a few shopping trips. My children are grown, so I'm home alone, and I know that has something to do with it. But I'm anxious to get back to school and start the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow 15 years is a long time to not have a summer off. I think little things around the house are important.

      I have trying to get everything ready for the arrival of my new baby this fall. I have a feeling that I won't have much time with work and grad school.

      Delete
  4. Great cartoons, Stacie. I too am singing the blues. I feel like our edtech courses will barely end and it's right back to school. Luckily we are taking a week long family vacation so I'll get a little break. If I could only figure out how to make it last for several weeks, that would be even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A week long vacation sounds like a fantastic idea!

      Delete
  5. Great post Stacie! I was just thinking the same thing, I was shocked when Target had their school supply dollar section stuff out just a couple weeks ago I believe. I love getting ready for school, but wish stores would wait until August! I am actually antsy for school this year...this summer has been tough with grad school and teaching summer school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine working summer school and taking grad school courses...kiddos to you!!

      Delete
  6. This is great! I feel the same way! I also took three classes this summer and it consumed my life. I feel so anxious because I haven't had time to work on anything school related and I'm starting at a new district this year so it's like another first year! Luckily I'll have the next few weeks, but I also start coaching volleyball on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 classes was a lot harder than I anticipated. I am glad I did 3 classes, now that the semester is over. I am sure you feel the same way.

      Good luck at your new district. New schools are exciting and fun. It can be hard getting going and into a routine though. Hopefully you have a couple weeks to get ready. Good luck with volleyball too, sounds like you have a busy fall ahead of you.

      Delete