Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Some of my favorite things....


Below you will find a list/links of some of my favorite website that I love to use in the classroom for technology. Under each link you will find a description of the website. 


This website is great for finding pre-made lesson plans for the SMART board. My favorite portion is that you can search by grade level and by subject. This is one of my top go to sites when I am teaching a certain subject in math, such as addition and subtraction. I found some fantastic science lessons on here too.


This is website used for sharing and storing websites, basically a giant (virtual) cork board that you can save everything on to. They have fantastic technology resources. This is where I have found amazing apps for my classroom. It also has other great resources for the classroom besides technology. It also has decorating ideas and recipes.


I no longer have access video conferencing at my new school, but at my previous school I used this site frequently. They have great resources for taking your students on virtual field trips. My Kindergarten students loved taking our monthly "field trips". You can search by grade, content, and price. Some of the sites even have free video conferencing, you just have to dig a little.


I use this for students during computer time to practice their reading skills. They also have a username to practice at home as well. There is resources that I can print off and use in my own classroom.


This is a great site for students to use during computer time or to use as a whole group setting on the interactive white board. I love using it when teaching my students letter recognition and letter sounds. The graphics and sounds are great for younger audiences.

5 comments:

  1. "These are a few of my favorite things..." When I read that, I broke out in song. I must agree that I love your list! Pinterest, Raz Kids, and Starfall are definitely great sources. The Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration I have never used - I must try this when I can! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have broke into song when I wrote it out :-)

      Delete
  2. Great list of resources, I haven't heard of Raz Kids or The Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration-I'll have to check them out!
    Love Pinterest! I could spend hours just looking at resources!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest is pretty addictive! I could spend hours on it too.

      You should check out the CICL site if you do video conferencing/virtual field trips in your room. When I taught in Montana I was able to take my students all over the United States.We went to different zoos, farms, other classrooms, and Glacier Bay National Park in Alaska (that one was my favorite, and it was FREE!)

      Delete
  3. Stacie, note the annotations that you provided for each item. A good habit to develop as a blogger.

    ReplyDelete