Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Brain Breaks


(Photo Credit: http://bit.ly/1lsYdLY)

My Kindergarten students love to move and wiggle throughout the day. I don't get my students for very long, only 2 and half hours a day, but in that short time we often need to get on our feet and stretch. Sometimes we do stretching as a class, or we count to 100 in groups of 10 using different actions (jumping jacks, hopping, touching our toes, etc.). Their favorite though is our brain break videos. I got the idea after watching my Mom do it with her second graders. I knew my students would love it too! Here are a few "Brain Break" videos that help to us get through our day. These videos are pretty silly, but that is the fun part of teaching Kindergarten, you can be super silly and the kids love it.


"Gummi Bear"


"Dancing Robot"
 

"Boom Chicka Boom"
  



2 comments:

  1. What cute videos you have posted here. Getting kids up and moving is so important to helping them focus throughout the day ... especially kindergartners! You should check out this great article from the Washington Post http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2014/07/08/why-so-many-kids-cant-sit-still-in-school-today/
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great read! I guess I won't feel guilty next time we take brain breaks, in fact I should be taking them more often.

      Delete